Monday, July 29, 2013

Needing a Productivity Boost

As I halfway watched a kiddie show on airplanes today with my son, I overheard the host saying that the first airplane flew at about 30 miles per hour and over time they have gotten faster, and faster.  It got me thinking, that is the exact thing that is happening with technology and the effects are becoming a bit overwhelming.  This infographic provides a visual demonstration of how technological overload is becoming an epidemic.



In Dana Ishii’s week two blog reflection, she mentions how this course is progressing at what feels like “warp speed.”  Many of the peers I have talked to in this course have echoed that same feeling.  With all the different social media platforms and assignments we are juggling, I started to think that there must be tools to increase productivity that would make our lives easier.  This thought spurred an online quest for productivity apps.  


The journey lead me to a few different online articles that suggest applications and programs to enhance productivity (listed below).  While they offered some exciting and promising benefits, I then started wondering if I even have the time to try these.  With each new program comes a learning curve and I don’t know if I have the energy to devote to learning something new.  I decided to offer the links to the articles anyway as a means to start a discussion.  I find some of my best teachers have been my peers.  Maybe you can help by answering some of these questions.  Do you have any productivity apps that are worth the time to learn?  Have you tried any of the ones suggested by the articles?  How did they work for you?


Streamlining Social Media with Productivity Programs & Applications

1 comment:

  1. What a great post-- and wonderful to connect to Dana's good work too. In terms of productivity products, I have been using ActionMethod for a year or so and they funny thing is, when I get really busy, I ignore it! I get emails from them about my missed or late action items and don't even enter it. It works well for normal times, but not (for me yet) for crazy times. Wonder what that says about my organizational skills. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete